SAGE Realty Wants Prospective PA Homeowners To Understand the Value of Title Insurance
How Not Having Proper Title Insurance Can Compromise Ownership
There are a great many laws in place to protect homeowners and their properties in the state of Pennsylvania. Historically, property ownership has been one of the most significant privileges within a society, protecting one of the most valuable assets a person can have. Unfortunately, many people have found themselves in positions where they have had to fight long and hard to have their rights recognize and this issue is ongoing.
Over the last 24 years, the number of title claims has risen dramatically, and title insurance is always your best line of defense in the situations when your property rights may be called into question. Obtaining a clear title with your real estate purchase will notify you of any existing or future claims that may pose a threat to your rights over the property, and will protect you from many potential property rights related issues.
Title insurance is, therefore, one of the best ways to defend your rights as a homeowner. In fact, there are many scenarios in which title insurance is your only line of defense. If you are looking for a new home, there are a few things you should know.
- Title insurance protects you against other parties’ rights to a property you acquire.
- Deeds and mortgages can be forged, or otherwise handed over illegally, leaving you in a completely vulnerable position should claims be made.
- Some titles may be subject to a federal tax lien.
- Title insurance covers attorney fees and court costs, should they be necessary.
- An insured title presents fewer challenges when in the process of buying and/or selling.
- With title insurance, you are entitled to have the cost of losses recovered.
- Title insurance protects against the falsified claims of former-spouses.
- the event that your home is destroyed, proper title insurance will reserve your rights over the land itself.
There are so many beautiful homes for sale in Philadelphia. Be sure that when you find the one that is right for you, you take measures to protect your rights to ownership. Having title insurance allows you to rest at ease and enjoy your new sanctuary.
SAGE Realty is dedicated to making sure you have all the information you need while seeking out homes for sale in Philadelphia and its suburbs. Be in the know, thanks to the caring and knowledgeable real estate agents at SAGE Realty.