Located 15 miles west of Philadelphia, Radnor, PA, is an “all-purpose” description of an area which is part of the Main Line, a group of affluent Philadelphia suburban towns, between the communities of Villanova and St. Davids. It is both a Township, with specific boundaries, and an old post office area no longer in use, which encompasses a swath of homes located in parts of Radnor and Upper Merion Townships.
The community of Radnor was named after Radnor, Wales and includes the estates of Woodcrest (now Cabrini College), Walmarthon (now Eastern University), Bolingbroke, Rock Rose, and The Woods.
Radnor is also the home of St. David’s Episcopal Church, whose graveyard and buildings date back to 1715.
This upscale community has a population of 31,616* with a median household income of $106,209*.
Set right outside Philadelphia, the commute from the Radnor train station is an easy one on the Paoli/Thorndale SEPTA Regional Rail line. Additionally, Radnor is located just a short drive from King of Prussia. Because the parking lot is larger here and many offices are close by, this is a busy station during commuting times.
Radnor and its neighboring town of Wayne, offer a plethora of shopping and dining spots with a quaint, small-town feel. Check out some of Sage’s favorite spots for more on where to go!
Radnor was #3 of 1,303 of places with the best public schools in Pennsylvania according to the 2018 U.S. Census report and the Radnor Township School District was voted #2 in Pennsylvania for top school districts based on 2018 report done by Niche.
Public High School
- RADNOR SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 1,177, Location: 130 King of Prussia Rd. Grades: 9-12)
Private Elementary, Middle & High Schools
- THE AGNES IRWIN SCHOOL (Students: 666, Location: 275 S Ithan Ave. Grades: PK-12, Girls Only)
- JACK M BARRACK HEBREW ACADEMY (Students: 380, Location: 272 S Bryn Mawr Ave. Grades: 6-12)
- ACADEMY OF NOTRE DAME de NAMUR (Students: 540, Location: 560 Sproul Rd. Grades: 6-12, Girls Only)
- SACRED HEART ACADEMY (Students: 239, Location: 480 S Bryn Mawr Ave. Grades: K-12, Girls Only)
- DELAWARE COUNTY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 700, Location: 462 Malin Rd. Grades: K-12)
- ARCHBISHOP JOHN CARROLL HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 1,044, Location: 211 Matsonford Rd. Grades: 9-12)
Public Elementary & Middle Schools
- ITHAN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 497, Location: 695 Clyde Rd. Grades: K-5)
- RADNOR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 593, Location: 20 Matsonford Rd. Grades: K-5)
- WAYNE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 577, Location: 651 W Wayne Ave. Grades: K-5 )
- RADNOR MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 944, Location: 150 Louella Ave. Grades: 6-8)
For more details and information on home listings in Radnor, PA contact Linda Walters at 610-687-4000.
*As of 2018, according to niche.com.